Geology/Odd rock

Back of rock
Back of rock  

Front of rock
Front of rock  
I found this rock on the river bank it holds water if cold will stay cold for hours if hot will stay hot for hours I'm attaching a pic please help identify this fore

Dear Mary,  Fraternal greetings!
The rock you have shown in the figure must be the variety of Quartz. It may be Agate or Opal or Chalcedony.  
Silica being precipitated from the resulting solution and occasionally the voids inside stone may fill with tiny inclusions of water. These stones are available generally at the banks of rivers. Sometimes they look like pebbles.
I hope it is clear. It is very difficult to name the stone unless it is seen with naked eye.
With regards.  

Dr D S Subrahmanyam

All questions related to Geology, Geotechnical Engineering (especially in-situ stress, in-situ Deformability and Shear investigations) required for underground tunnels and excavations, Dimensional Stone Mining. Can't answer Soil dynamics related to Geotechnical Engineering

Geology and Geotechnical Engineering and Dimensional Stone Mining

National Institute of Rock Mechanics (Govt of India)

International Journal of Mining Engineering and some other Indian journals

Doctorate in Geology

Reviewer for 3 International Journals