Geology/Rock or molten metal

Question
Mystery metal
Mystery metal  

Mystery metal
Mystery metal  
I have a rock or molten piece of metal im trying to identify. It is only slighty magnetic to a strong magnet and has a natural lool to it.

Answer
Quinn:

It looks like it could be a piece of ferrous nickel meteorite.

The bubbly smooth surface looks similar to some you can see on line.

The nickel explains why it is not rusty.

Without more info on where you found it, condition of discovery, etc.  That is about all I can offer.

Check out more online by searching iron nickel meteorite or ferrous nickel meteorite.   The pictures you will see look very similar.

You might also check to see if there are any recorded meteorite strikes in the vicinity of your find.

If you found it in a stream, it could have been transported a long distance.

Geology

Keith Patton