Geology/faults of pakistan

Dear sir,
         can you tell me the which type of following giving fault?
1-Chaman fault
2-Ornach-Nal fault
3-Kingri fault
4- MBT
5-Kalabagh and
6-Jhelum fault

Dear Waqar:

1-Chaman fault : This is a major (more than 850 km long)north-south strike slip fault along the western limit of Indian plate, to the north it extends in Afghanistan whereas in the south it merges into the Mekran Range. Chaman fault is after Pakistan-Afghanistan border town Chaman which is close to the fault.

2-Ornach-Nal fault : This is the southeastern extension of the Chaman fault system, strike slip fault extending into the Arabian Sea in south.

3-Kingri fault: a regional North Northwest-south southeast trending strike slip fault cutting the Tertairy and Mesozoic section in the Sulamain fold and thrust belt.

4- MBT: Major thrust fault along the paleo margin of Tehthys located north of Pakistan.

5-6; Kalabagh and Jhelum fault, both are strike slip fault. Kalabagh fault is to the west of Potwar basin whereas Jhelum fault to the east.

Only MBT is not strike slip fault.

Tariq Hasany

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist