Hi I am trying to see if there is a way to know if a rock or mineral holds a history of being electrically charged? Or magnetized? Basically, is there a way to see if a rock has been electrically charged or magnetized before? (not currently charged/magnetized but charged or magnetized before, in the past) ?

Wow.   I am not aware of any.  Intuitively, I cannot think of a way a mineral besides a magnetic one, would retain a history of carrying a current.  Since crystal structures are set and currents are simply electrons moving from on atom to another, I am not sure its possible.

Below I something I found here:

I include it simply because it might give you a few more avenues to go down. Pyro and Piezio  properties might indeed leave some sort of change in the mineral that could be used as a "history" or tell tale.  Sadly I do not have the indepth knowledge on those characteristics to tell you one way or another, but it might be something worth following up on.

A Three electrical properties are applicable to minerals: Conduction, Pyroelectricity, and Piezoelectricity. Conduction Conduction in mineral terms is defined as the ability of a mineral to conduct electricity. Only a very small number of minerals are good conductors; they are the metallic elements and the mineral Graphite. These conductors can be placed between a wire carrying electricity, and the electricity will pass through. Conduction is an important property that can distinguish true metals from metallic looking sulfides and oxides. Pyroelectricity Pyroelectricity describes the ability of a mineral to develop electrical charges when exposed to temperature changes. Some minerals develop an electrical charge when heated, others when cooled. Piezoelectricity Piezoelectricity describes the ability of a mineral to develop electrical charges when put under stress. Piezoelectric minerals will develop charges when rubbed or struck repeatedly. Conduction is very useful in distinguishing true metals, but pyroelectricity and piezoelectricity are not practical testing methods for normal mineral collectors. - See more at:

Keith Patton

I can answer questions concerning physical and historical geology, environmental geology/hydrology, environmental consulting, remote sensing/aerial photo interpretation, G&G computer applications, petroleum exploration, drilling, geochemistry, geochemical and microbiological prospecting, 3D reservoir modeling, computer mapping and drilling.I am not a geophysicist.

I have 24 years experience split between the petroleum and environmental industries. I have served as an expert witness in remote sensing, developmental geologist, exploration geologist, enviromental project manager, and subject matter expert in geology and geophysical software development.

American Association of Petroleum Geologists
American Association of Photogrammetrists and Remote Sensing

Bachelor and Master of Science
Registered Geologist in State of Texas