Geology/Movement of ground water

Question
QUESTION: Dear sir'
         which factor that Controlled the Movement of ground water .
regard:
waqar Ahmed
Pakistan

ANSWER: Hi Ahmed

Many things affect the movement of groundwater - gravity, gradient, geologic structure and hydraulic conductivity are the most important. You should read more on the internet and in school. Check these sites an d look for more.

http://study.com/academy/lesson/factors-that-influence-groundwater-movement.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundwater_flow

Good luck

Mike

QUESTION: thanks good reply
sir is compaction of rock also controlled the movement of groundwater ?

ANSWER: Hi Ahmed

Do some research and come back to me with your thoughts - then we can discuss.

Cheers

Mike

QUESTION: I have search i did  found only porosity and permeability gravity and hydraulic conductivity
but I did not found how alluvial soil and rain fall controlled it now help??

Answer
Hi Ahmed

You probably already know most of the answer.

Rock compaction reduces porosity and permeability. Rainfall and snow melt provide recharge.

Read about the Canterbury Plains to learn about alluvial aquifers - it is a big one.

Cheers

Mike

Geology

Michael Goff