Geology/Petroleum geosince

Hi , my name is Zahra , I'm about to apply for my bachelor degree but I'm confused between geosince or engineering , I have looked at few universities here is the options
1-imperial college London- petroleum geosince
2-university of Aberdeen -petroleum geosince
I'm thinking between two in one case it's top university on the other hand it's engineering and subject more involved in oil and gas

Which one would you recommend me as well as which one brings me quicker job , good opportunities , higher pay
As well as the subject I'm confused about statistics which shows that only 3% of female are employed in this sphere , will it be difficult for me to get employed and will be able to get manager positions and how whether that's possible at all can you please kindly reply me I'm lost

Dear Zahra,

Thanks for sending me your question. The universities you have shortlisted are both excellent universities but Imperial College London, is 3rd in Europe and 9th in the world whereas in Physical Sciences it stands 4th in Europe ad 12th in the world. Petroleum geoscience and petroleum engineering will bring excellent opportunities for work including travel to different parts of the world with relatively far better salary than other subjects.

Don't just look at the statistics of the employment for females you have to find out if you are successful how positively different your life shall be if you are chemist or mathematician.

Tariq Hasany

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist