Geology/reservoir analysis

Question
Asalam u alaikum sir,
I am a student at UOW Australia and took a research subject. My topic is related to Reservoir Analysis. LMKR gave me data of seismic lines from Gulyana and Dhulian and well logs from Missa Keswal. My question is that how can I relate the well logs with the seismic sections as these are different areas. Secondly from where can I find references for defining the geological setting and tectonics of these areas ?
Regards
Saad Baloch

Answer
Dear Saad,

Walikum assalam

Thanks for sending me your question.

Dhulian and Messa Kiswal are about 100 kilometers apart and located in the western and easter part of Potwar basin. You need to have field data on the seismic so you can pick the seismic horizon through wells check shot survey. So you need matching and relevant data for your project.

Answering your second question I hope following link will help;
http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/pdfz/documents/2012/20151hasany/ndx_hasany.pdf

Regards

Tariq  

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany