Geology/Crude oil in shallow depth

Question
Dear Sir ,
         About 5-year back.Some people start boring in *Baluchistan House Islamabad Secretariat ground * For Water.. but at depth about 25-ft Crude oil Encounter .This oil can be seen from the Surface with naked eyes.color was black.we start use this for motorcycle which helpful.

Q: sir i confused how this oil is come in shallow depth-and From where it come ?-
regard:
waqar
B.H

Answer
Dear Waqar,

Thanks for sending me your question.

Natural oil and gas seepages are sometimes  present in the areas near or on surface faults which indicate the presence of oil accumulation in subsurface at any given depth and emerges on surface through faults, unconformity surfaces or fractures.  Islamabad is located south of Main Boundary thrust (MBT)which is seismically active and forms a major plate boundary. Oil seepages have also reported in the areas of Golra as well which provides a strong clue about oil generation and accumulation in this region.

What happened at Balochistan house likely to be one of such seepage, though I can not confirm it as I never heard of any oil seepage in the Islamabad city. If oil was ever found there I am sure the experts would have called for analysis as only a qualified geochemist may says anything and verifies if that was a natural oil seepage or some localized oil storage or pipeline which hurts during boring water well.

Regards

Tariq Hasany

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany