Geology/composition of Earth's crust and the universe

I'm doing a paper on explaining how and why the composition of the Earth’s crust are differ from the composition of the universe as a whole.But i do not quite understanding the question. How could we compare and explain the composition of the Earth's CRUST and the universe ?Should I compare the earth's crust with the inner planet's crust but then if so, how should I explain the process or steps? I'm so confused. Thank you very much.

The way I read the question is a comparison of elements.

For instance one of the ways we tell whether a body is celestial is if it has a distinct makeup that differs markedly from the elemental distribution on earth.

For instance, Deuterium is known to be more common in other celestial bodies such as asteroids, than it is in the crust of the Earth.  So when two scientists found a layer of sediments highly enriched in that element, the postulated that a large asteroid hit earth.  The asteroid strike and the resulting sediment layer, happened to mark the known change between Triassic and Cretaceous periods.  That also coincided with the massive die off of the Dinosaurs.

So I would do a search for the most common celestial elements, or better yet a breakdown of the most common elements found asteroids and then compare them with a similar listing of those for the earth's crust.

You might have to try several different searches, using most common elements in the galaxy, or most common celestial elements, or most common elements in the universe.  Then do the same for the Earth.

When the astronauts brought back rocks, they found that a lot of the rocks on the moon contained the same minerals and basic makeup that the Earth did.  But by our studies of celestial bodies falling to earth we have found that they are different.

I hope this helps,

Keith Patton

I can answer questions concerning physical and historical geology, environmental geology/hydrology, environmental consulting, remote sensing/aerial photo interpretation, G&G computer applications, petroleum exploration, drilling, geochemistry, geochemical and microbiological prospecting, 3D reservoir modeling, computer mapping and drilling.I am not a geophysicist.

I have 24 years experience split between the petroleum and environmental industries. I have served as an expert witness in remote sensing, developmental geologist, exploration geologist, enviromental project manager, and subject matter expert in geology and geophysical software development.

American Association of Petroleum Geologists
American Association of Photogrammetrists and Remote Sensing

Bachelor and Master of Science
Registered Geologist in State of Texas