Geology/earth and universe (composition)

Question
I was fascinated by how unique our plant is.Especially when we can grow crops and have mountains and rivers when other planets do not. Can you please explain how and why the composition of the Earth’s crust are differ from the composition of the universe as a whole? thanks

Answer
I think, especially as we get data from Mars, Venus and other distant solar objects, that what we are learning is that Earth's place in the solar system - specifically - its distance from the Sun - is what the big difference is.  Our temperate climate is such that it can support life and that is the main difference.

Hope this helps.

Fraser

Geology

Fraser Hamilton