Geology/Identification of a rock

Question
Strange intrusion
Strange intrusion  
My name is Josť Clara, in Johannesburg South Africa, just interested in rocks.
I have this rock with a strange intrusion and I would like to know if it is a fossilized plant or of chemical nature.
Many thanks
Josť Clara
Johannesburg
South Africa

Answer
It sure looks like a plant.  But, also I am not sure about the rock overall, so perhaps some more information would be useful for me to answer with more certainty.  Where, exactly, did you find the rock?  How big is it?  What was around it?  Any other description or explanation as to where and how you found this would be useful.

Thanks

Fraser

Geology

Fraser Hamilton