Geology/Identification of a rock

Strange intrusion
Strange intrusion  
My name is Josť Clara, in Johannesburg South Africa, just interested in rocks.
I have this rock with a strange intrusion and I would like to know if it is a fossilized plant or of chemical nature.
Many thanks
Josť Clara
South Africa

It sure looks like a plant.  But, also I am not sure about the rock overall, so perhaps some more information would be useful for me to answer with more certainty.  Where, exactly, did you find the rock?  How big is it?  What was around it?  Any other description or explanation as to where and how you found this would be useful.

Fraser Hamilton

I have over 15 years of professional experience in the environmental geology field. I am well versed in general geology types of questions and answers. In addition I have a keen understanding of physical stratigraphy (especially in the Valley and Ridge of Central PA) and cycles.

Eight years of education, fifteen years of professional experience. Have worked or studied in ME, PA, TX, KY, IN, TN, OH, WA and Scotland.

Geological Society of America
American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Properties Magazine
Cleveland Bar Association
Cleveland Engineering Society

BA Geology/Math, University of Maine at Farmington
MA Geology - Physical Stratigraphy, Temple University
Post Grad Studies Geology - Texas A&M University

Distinguished graduate teaching award, Temple University