Geology/MS-Project vs Geology

Question
dear sir,
         sir what is importance of MS-Project Software in Petroleum-Geology and Engineering Geology ?

regard :
waqar
BH ISB

Answer
Dear Waqar,

Thanks for sending me your question.

MS Project is a very useful and user friendly software by Microsoft which are being routinely used as a planning software to prepare for any project's timeline against the given task which can also be used to monitor the work progress within specified timeline and can also  be compared with utilization of the man hours and financial gains or expenses during the project life. Several variables can be used to compare with other technical, administrative and financial parameters of any project

MS Project is not a geological or engineering software just like MS Office which is a common platform for all professionals which they used where it requires. Engineers and geoscientists are being routinely used these days for their projects.

Hope, this may be a useful answer.

Regards

Tariq

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany