Geology/picture of rock

Question
Rock 1
Rock 1  

rock 2
rock 2  
Mr. Norris, you asked me to send you a picture of the rock I found in Southeast Idaho.

Answer
Connie,

The pictures are not real good detail so I can't tell you exactly what the greenish mineral is; however, I can see enough of the rock to say that the rocks appear to be metamorphic.  There are several green or greenish metamorphic minerals, see the link below:

http://www.google.com/search?q=green+metamorphic+minerals&safe=active&nord=1&biw

Turquoise "generally" occurs as veins or nuggets in igneous rocks or sometimes as secondary oxidation on rocks with high copper contents.  Most turquoise deposits are in a copper type deposit called a porphyry which has very specific characteristics. Since I can not see the rocks that well, I am not saying that the mineral that you are seeing is not turquoise but that there is a high probability that it is not. You may want to pull up the attached link and see if any of these minerals look like your rock.

Geology

Joe Norris