Geology/quartz rocks

Yes I live in Littlerock California and up on a hillside me and  a friend found so many quartz rocks.  it looks like there's gold all through mall I found flakes and pieces in veins and everything is it or not how do you tell

Dear Angel
Quartz is mineral not a rock
Rock is associates of natural minerals
Gold traces may available in quartz veins
However it is difficult to find out it is gold or pyrite by visual identification
U have to collect mineral specimens test for phyicsl properties-
Gold in its natural mineral form almost always has traces of silver, and may also contain traces of copper and iron -
see web site in details
See more at:
contact local geologist
USGS geologist see their web contact geologist -working for public relations
Dr D.Venkat ReddyProfessor Editor- in -Chief -International  Journal of  Earth Sciences&Engineering -IJEE
Published by=(Cafet Innova Technical Society -CITS- Hyderabad-AP-India) ******************************************************************************************************Department of Civil EngineeringNational Institute of Technology,Karnataka,(NITK)Surathkal,Srinivasanagar-575025,Mangalore-D.K,India
91-0824-247400-Ext 3344(office)0824-2474344(Res)Mobile 91-9739536078
*Earth Sciences for Every One*

Dr D.Venkat Reddy

Engineering Geology,Mining geology,commercial petrology,Decorative and dimensional stones,Hydrogeology

20years texhing and reserch expireience in geology,enginnering geology for graduate and undergraduate students-reserch guidance,10years field exoireience conducting field camps for geology students=Presently Assistant professor in geolog

NITK-National Institute of Technology,Surathkal,Mangalore-DK,India Geology section Dept of Civil Engineering

published 70 research papers.( 4 books)- Editor in Chief-International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering -1.Engineering Geology for civil Engineers-oxford &IBH pub-1996] 2.Decorative and dimensional stones of India-CBS Pub-1997 3.Engineering Geology-Vikaspublishers2010 4.Applied Geology-Vikaspub-2010

MSC(GEOLOGY),Osmania university,India, MSC(Tech )Hydrogeology,OU,India PhD(GEOLOGY)OU,India

Distinguishing Indian Award Editor in chief-International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering (

PRESENTLY WORKING =Professor of Geology-Dept of Civil Engineering NITK-INDIA