Geology/SAP vs Geologist

Question
dear Sir ,
         What is SAP ? sometime companies offers geology job and demand SAP experience also .kindly highlight it

regard:
waqar

Answer
Dear Mr Waqar,

Thanks for sending me your question
SAP stands for System Application Software; though, I have never seen any Geologists position  where the requirement is SAP in the potential candidate. I think this refers to the Geological and geophysical software expertise such as Petrel, Kingdom, Petromod. 2D move, etc. Most commonly, companies precisely describe the job description what are the likely abilities and skills they are looking for.

Regards

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany