Geology/Ages of Lower Goru Formation Members

Assalam o alaikum
Respected Sir
I have a question related to Lower Indus Basin.
Please tell me the ages of all members of Lower Goru Formation in Million years.These members are listed below:
1.Youngest Upper Sands
2.Upper Shale
3.Middle Sands
4.Lower Shale
5.Upper Basal Sands
6.Talhar Shale
7.Oldest Lower Basal Sands

Please answer me as soon as possible.

Rizwan Sarwar Awan
UET Lahore

Walekum Assalam,

Thank you for sending your question.

All these formation belong to Early Cretaceous Lower Goru formation and have been found in the adjacent area of Hydrabad, Badeen and Sanghar, in the wells drilled by various operators including OGDC and Union Texas. However these naming classifications have not yet been officially designated by the Stratigraphic Committee of Pakistan and are considered as informal units which represent certain lithofacie. There is no published data in public domain which has produced high resolution stratigraphic classification and age, therefore all these informal units belong to early Cretaceous age.  

Hope this answer helps.  

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist