Geology/minerals and location

Question
I want to know how i would find out what kind of minerals/rocks that are located in the region/county i live in. If there is any info you can give me that would be helpful, please respond. I live in Lake Isabella, CA (Kern county).

Answer
I don't know specifically what you are looking for but below is a site with several publications about Kern County geology.  

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&hl=en&q=%22kern%22+county%2C+%22California%22+geology

In general, as a geologists, the sites on the internet are not specific enough to actually answer most questions but they can give you general information.  For more specific information try the below site:

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&hl=en&q=%22kern%22+county%2C+%22California%22+geology#safe=active&hl=en&tbm=bks&q=Lake+Isabella%2C+%22kern%22+county%2C+%22California%22+geology

There are also a lot of colleges that have extensive geologic libraries.  If you still don't find what you are looking for you might try a college.  

Geology

Joe Norris