Geology/Rock identification

Question
Blue Rock
Blue Rock  

Blue Rock 3
Blue Rock 3  
I have attached pictures of a rock I found years ago.  I am curious to know what it is because I have never seen another rock like it.

The rock has sharp edges almost like glass and is shiny.  It appears to have some silver-colored metal spots the largest of which can be seen in the 2nd picture (bottom-middle). It has some yellow/brownish discoloration on one side that can be seen fairly well in the 2nd picture.  Looking at the bottom right-hand side of the rock in the 2nd picture, the dark triangle appears to be rust; however it is odd because that area appears to have layers.  There appears to be some gravel mixed in throughout the rock also.

If this is an interesting rock to anyone but me, I'd be happy to send additional pictures.  Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Sincerely,
Nancy

Answer
Dear Nqancy
Visuals of specimens looks like mineral
It may be quartz-mineral -can u scartach with iron nail or knife -it is scartching or not
if not scartch harder mineral may be quartz variety
However hand specimen -insperction possible to identify accuurately
by
Prof DVREDDY
Dr D.Venkat Reddy
Professor
Editor- in -Chief -International  Journal of  Earth Sciences&Engineering -IJEE

Published by=(Cafet Innova Technical Society -CITS- Hyderabad-AP-India)

www.cafetinnova.org
******************************************************************************************************
Department of Civil Engineering
National Institute of Technology,Karnataka,(NITK)
Surathkal,Srinivasanagar-575025,Mangalore-D.K,India

email   dvr1952@gmail.com,dvr1952@yahoo.co.in,
         chiefeditor_ijee@yahoo.com

91-0824-247400-Ext 3344(office)
0824-2474344(Res)
Mobile 91-9739536078
*Earth Sciences for Every One*

Geology

Dr D.Venkat Reddy