Geology/research work

Question
Respected sir

I am the student of M.Phil Geology. I am doing my research work currently. I want to ask some
questions from you sir.
My topic of research work is on making the correlation of three different areas that are….Peshawar Basin, Abbottabad Formation and Salt range Formation present in Pakistan. My basic questions are………..
•   How can I make my thesis good that it can give good impression on teachers.
•   During making the correlation, which basic points I have to concentrate.
•   What type of charts and tables will increase the appearance of my research work.
•   If you have some information about these three areas, then please provide which will help me.
•   You have experience in Geology so what type of guideline you can give to me.
•   How I can make the best conclusion of my research work relating to correlation.
•   If you have any type of link related to my research work please send me. It can be related generally to making of research work or my areas of work.
•   If you have sample copy of some previous research works then please send me.

At last I want to thank you for giving me your precious time.
Thank you

Answer
Good afternoon.

Sorry for the delay in responding.  See some answers below:

• How can I make my thesis good that it can give good impression on teachers.
    You need to make sure you completely understand every aspect of what you write.  You need to understand the rocks and you need to be able to justify your correlation.......
• During making the correlation, which basic points I have to concentrate.
    I am not familiar with these rocks.  However, I would focus on sequence stratigraphy.  Lookup Goodwin and Anderson (1985) in the Journal of Geology and their subsequent work and understand it.  Using cycles and patterns you can see in the rocks should make the correlation easier and more meaningful.  
• What type of charts and tables will increase the appearance of my research work.
    Obviously you will need to draft stratigraphic columns for each outcrop and/or core sample that you use.  Then develop a cross section.  A fence diagram would also be helpful.
• If you have some information about these three areas, then please provide which will help me.
• You have experience in Geology so what type of guideline you can give to me.\
    I think I have given you pretty good guidelines above.
• How I can make the best conclusion of my research work relating to correlation.
    The results should speak for themselves.
• If you have any type of link related to my research work please send me. It can be related generally to making of research work or my areas of work.
    I am not sure I can help in this regard.
• If you have sample copy of some previous research works then please send me.
    I am not sure I can help in this regard

Hopefully this helps.  Good luck

Fraser

Geology

Fraser Hamilton