Geology/Dhulian

Question
QUESTION: Asalam u alaikum,
Good day sir, sorry for disturbing you. My question is that is there any way to calculate the shortening of the Dhulian structure from the seismic sections?

Kind regards,
Saad Baloch

ANSWER: Dear Saad,

Thanks for sending me your question.

Yes, there is a way to calculate the shortening through seismic section. In Petrel 2014 version 2014.5 you can do it.

Regards

QUESTION: Thank you sir for your kind reply. Sir, should I use the measure tool or is there any other tool for it? I am asking you this because sir I am in Australia right now and there is no one to guide me on Petrel.

Kind regards,
Saad Baloch

Answer
Dear Saad,

Since the calculating shortening is more interpretative, therefore I would suggest that you should use your imagination for determining the length of the section and describe the process at your own, and I agree you can use Petrel measuring tool for it.  

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany