dear sir, I have completed my 4 years bsc in geology and now I am waiting for my results. my parents are frequently complaining about the future scope of geology, can you help me in elaborating the scopes of geology please.

Good morning

Sorry for the delayed response.

I think there are probably opportunities anywhere in the world for you as a geologist.  Oftentimes a graduate degree (Masters or Doctorate) might be helpful, but you should consider looking for employment with governmental agencies (particularly in Nepal I am guessing there might be opportunities with agencies that monitor and assess risk associated with seismic hazards).  Internationally, there might be opportunities int he environmental field or in the oil and gas industry.  With an advanced degree teaching opportunities would be available.

Good luck.  Tell your parents it will all be OK!

Fraser Hamilton

I have over 15 years of professional experience in the environmental geology field. I am well versed in general geology types of questions and answers. In addition I have a keen understanding of physical stratigraphy (especially in the Valley and Ridge of Central PA) and cycles.

Eight years of education, fifteen years of professional experience. Have worked or studied in ME, PA, TX, KY, IN, TN, OH, WA and Scotland.

Geological Society of America
American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Properties Magazine
Cleveland Bar Association
Cleveland Engineering Society

BA Geology/Math, University of Maine at Farmington
MA Geology - Physical Stratigraphy, Temple University
Post Grad Studies Geology - Texas A&M University

Distinguished graduate teaching award, Temple University