Geology/geology

Question
dear sir, I have completed my 4 years bsc in geology and now I am waiting for my results. my parents are frequently complaining about the future scope of geology, can you help me in elaborating the scopes of geology please.

Answer
Good morning

Sorry for the delayed response.

I think there are probably opportunities anywhere in the world for you as a geologist.  Oftentimes a graduate degree (Masters or Doctorate) might be helpful, but you should consider looking for employment with governmental agencies (particularly in Nepal I am guessing there might be opportunities with agencies that monitor and assess risk associated with seismic hazards).  Internationally, there might be opportunities int he environmental field or in the oil and gas industry.  With an advanced degree teaching opportunities would be available.

Good luck.  Tell your parents it will all be OK!

Regards

Fraser

Geology

Fraser Hamilton