Geology/Pegmatite

Question
Peg1
Peg1  

Peg2
Peg2  
Hi, could you help me identify the minerals in these rocks? I found them both in the same place, but they are very different. I live South of the Citronelle Formation. Thanks for your time.

Answer
Peg 1 - I can not see all of the minerals from the photo very well but it appears to contain AT LEAST quartz SiO2 (the clear glass looking mineral), feldspar mineral(s) - I can not tell for sure which, there are six or seven different feldspar minerals but there appears to be more than one, and probably hornblende.  Hornblende is a group name used to describe Ferro-hornblende and Magnesio-hornblende, but the term is generally more inclusive for all calcium aluminum amphiboles. (Hornblende is frequently also used to describe any dark, opaque amphibole mineral without individual analysis which is the case here.) The individual Hornblende minerals appear very similar and can be virtually indistinguishable without complex analysis, and are often just grouped under a Hornblende label without further distinguishing.

The Peg 2 - is much easier and appears to be orthoclase (a feldspar); copy and paste the below and compare it with yours; I can not see the twining in your picture but I would suspect that you can see it if you look hard.  Orthoclase always has twinning.

https://www.google.com/search?q=orthoclase&biw=1280&bih=685&noj=1&tbm=isch&imgil=6zqI2MMckjczyM%253A%253BPDlgmsKOMputtM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fskywalker.cochise.edu%25252Fwellerr%25252Fmineral%25252Forthoclase%25252ForthoclaseL.htm&source=iu&pf=m&fir=6zqI2MMckjczyM%253A%252CPDlgmsKOMputtM%252C_&usg=__-FNnq67Y-OELzbl_gEApynQxo7E%3D&ved=0ahUKEwj34uie7vnNAhXCFZoKHUudArEQyjcIlQE&ei=YSSLV7euBMKr6ATLuoqICw#imgrc=6zqI2MMckjczyM%3A

Geology

Joe Norris