Geology/Choosing best geology university in Australia

Question
Sir i want to be economic geologist in future and for that purpose I want to study the subjects in my MS which will help in pursuing career in economic geology. First of all I want your opinion on scope of this field in Australia and all over the world. Secondly, I want your opinion on choosing best university for this purpose in Australia, I am sharing courses of different universities which I think are good for studying.

University of Melbourne:

1.Tectonics and geo-dynamics
2.Geo-chemistry and petrogenesis
3.Geo-Biology and paleo-Biology
4.Practical Earth Science (Field oriented course)
5.Economic Geology
6.Practical Earth Science B
7.Scientists, Communication & the Workplace
8.Mine Safety and Engineering
9.Practical Igneous Petrology
10.Ore Deposit Models

University of Western Australia:

1. Geographic Information Systems Applications
2. Australia's Geological Evolution
3. Mineralising Systems
4. Structural Geology for Exploration
5. Isotope Geochemistry
6. Sedimentary Basin Field Excursion
7. Applied Structural Geology
8. Ore Deposit Field Excursion
9. Advanced Ore Deposits
10. Mineral Exploration Data Analysis

Answer
I was a consultant for the last 20 years of my career and about half of that consulting was economic geology.  I estimated the value for the Mongolian government when they wanted to sell six mines: one flourite and five gold (it probably didn't hurt that a had been the General Mine Manager of a gold mine in Durango, Colorado, US.).  Appraised 23 aggregate operations throughout the US when Meridian (owned by the Burlington Northern RR) sold these mines to Hanson Group.  I appraised 18 phosphate mines in Florida, three gypsum mines in New Mexico, one salt mine in Michigan, and five potash mines in Canada when International Minerals Corporation (IMC) sold these mines to Cargill.  These are only a very small percentage of the mines/deposits that I appraised/valued/evaluated.

I tell you this so that you can see the diversity of the minerals encountered.  I got my MS degree at the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado in Mineral Economics.  This curriculum was a lot more about economics than geology.  I did take advance mineral deposit I & II & geochemistry but not much more geology but I already had several of the courses offered in your Universities.

I know that there are not many offerings of Mineral Economics at Universities by if I were you I would look for one that offers this degree rather than a MS - Geology.  The only portion of Mineral Economics related to geology is the ability to estimate reserves the rest is economics.  

Geology

Joe Norris