Geometry/Circles (and Zombies)

Question
Hello, I am helping my little sister with her homework. I am a little stumped with the problem below.

"zombies have invaded our chess game. Because they are not bright, mrs. greene is running circles around the horde. if she is 49 feet away from the horde, how much distance will she cover in one revolution?"

I believe the question is trying to ask what the circumference is. C= πr^2= π(49)^2=7542.96. But I am not sure if that's true. Hope you can help.

Thanks.

Answer
Hey Caroline,

The question is indeed asking for the circumference.  However, C=2πr is the equation you need, not πrē (that would give you the area of the circle).  Thus C=2π(49)=98π=307.88

So, Mrs. Greene will cover a distance of 307.88 feet.

Cheers,
Azeem

Geometry

Azeem Hussain