Geometry/Horizontal Cylindrical Tanks

Question
Hi, I'm studying for a carpentry red seal exam. This is a practice question. The answer given is 364 mL. How is this determined?
Thank you

A horizontal cylindrical tank measuring 60 cm in diameter and 150 cm in length is partially filled with water to a height of 48 cm. Find the volume of water.

Answer
Hello Tracy,

This is a somewhat involved problem, but I have given an outline of the solution in a question that I was recently asked.  You can see the steps of the solution here:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Geometry-2060/2014/1/cylinder-liquid-problem.htm

Azeem

Geometry

Azeem Hussain