Geometry/Perimeters and Areas

Question
(1)what is the perimeter of a square field whose area is 14400cm^2
(2)the perimeter of a rectangle is 24cm. if one side is 4cm. find the area of the rectangle.
please sir, help me solve the question above!

Answer
Hi Johnny,

(1)  A square with side length x has area x and perimeter 4x.  Using the given area, you can solve for x.

x=14400
√(x)=√14400
x=120

Now multiply by 4 to get the perimeter of the square.

(2)  A rectangle with side lengths x and y has perimeter p=2x+2y and area xy.  You are given the perimeter and one side length (say, y), so you can solve for the other.

2x+2y=p
2x+2(4)=24
x+4=12
x=8

Now you know the side lengths are 8 and 4, so you can multiply those to get the area of the rectangle.

Thanks for asking,
Azeem

Geometry

Azeem Hussain