Geometry/Properties of Quadrilaterals

Hello sir

Sir can you explain the properties of parallaogram , square, rectangle, rombus. Sir some of them have same properties ans some are called some but some of them cannot called some of them. Sir please explain me clearly.
Sir expalin me in square can be called robhus how rombas has diagnols but square it does not have is this trure

I hope you understood the question please answer this is not my homework question

Hi Aishwaraymeti,

Square: a quadrilateral with four equal sides and four right angles.
Rectangle: a quadrilateral with four right angles.
Rhombus: a quadrilateral with four equal sides.
Parallelogram: a quadrilateral with two pairs of parallel sides.

There many equivalent ways to define these shapes, but the statements above are probably the simplest.  You can use these definitions to understand hierarchical relations.

Parallelogram is the most general, and square is the most specific.

Every square is also a rectangle, rhombus, and parallelogram.
Every rhombus is also a parallelogram.
Every rectangle is also a parallelogram.

If you have more specific questions about these quadrilaterals, feel free to ask a follow-up.

Azeem Hussain

I welcome your questions on algebra, 2D and 3D geometry, parabolic functions and conic sections, and any other mathematical queries you may have.

4 years as a drop-in and by-appointment tutor at Champlain College. Private tutor for dozens of clients over the past 8 years.

CALPHAD: Computer Coupling of Phase Diagrams and Thermochemistry

Bachelor of Science, Major Mathematics and Major Economics, McGill University, 2014. Diploma of Collegiate Studies; Pure and Applied Science, Champlain College Saint-Lambert, 2010.