Geometry/Factorization of Numbers and Variables

Hello sir

Prime factorization and division are same sir.

Sir can you explain what is factorisation with respect to numbers and variables and what is difference betwween the factorization of numbers and variables.

Hi Apsara,

"Prime factorization and division are same sir."
I don't understand what you mean by this.

Factoring is the principle of breaking down numbers or variables (or an expression in general) into the parts that will give the original when multiplied.

With numbers, this if often factoring into primes.

For example, 30=(2)(3)(5)

With variables, you would often do this when you have an expression.

x is common to both 2x and xy, so we can "pull it out" and represent the same expression as (x)(2+y).  Multiply it out and you will see that they are equal.

Of course, we can also combine the two:

Hope this helps.  If I have not answered your question, please provide some examples of the kinds of expressions you need to factor.

Azeem Hussain

I welcome your questions on algebra, 2D and 3D geometry, parabolic functions and conic sections, and any other mathematical queries you may have.

4 years as a drop-in and by-appointment tutor at Champlain College. Private tutor for dozens of clients over the past 8 years.

CALPHAD: Computer Coupling of Phase Diagrams and Thermochemistry

Bachelor of Science, Major Mathematics and Major Economics, McGill University, 2014. Diploma of Collegiate Studies; Pure and Applied Science, Champlain College Saint-Lambert, 2010.