Geometry/Two- and Three-Dimensional Shapes

Question
QUESTION: Hello sir

Sir iam understanding what is the meaning of three and two dimensional shapes. Please explain me clealy.

Thankyou

ANSWER: Hi Apsara,

A two-dimensional shape is flat.  It can be drawn on paper.  The region bounded by the shape is called an area, which can be measured in metres squared (m2, because there are 2 dimensions).

A three-dimensional shape is not flat.  It cannot be drawn on paper.  Every object that you see around you is a three-dimensional shape.  The region bounded by the shape is a volume, which can be measured in meters cubed (m3, because there are 3 dimensions).

If you have a more specific question, you'll have to give more details.

Azeem

QUESTION: Hello Sir

sSir we can draw solid shapes on paper. Sri while solving volume problems  we draw the 3d   shapes.

Thankyou

Answer
Hi Apsara,

When you draw a 2D shape on paper, you are actually drawing the shape.
When you draw a 3D shape on paper, you are only drawing a picture of the shape.  If you wanted to construct the shape, you would have to mould it out of clay, or do something with a spatial element.

Hope this helps,
Azeem

Geometry

Azeem Hussain