Geometry/Decimal Numbers

Hello sir

Sir why decimal no's are also not a part of no' system because in no. system there are natural, whole, integers, rational, irrational, real but why decimal no's are not a part of no. system

My second question>>>>> Sir commonly i wnat to ask that 0 to till infinity numbers are there but why we have classified then into natural whole, integer, rational, irrational real numbers.

Hi Apsara,

Decimal numbers are a way of representing a number, it is not the number itself.  In principle, any number that you can write in decimal form is a real number.

Naturals, integers, rationals, and reals exhibit different sets of properties.  By classifying them, it allows us to easily separate them by properties.  Furthermore, there are certain applications where being able to refer to these categories of numbers is extremely convenient.

Thanks for asking,

Azeem Hussain

I welcome your questions on algebra, 2D and 3D geometry, parabolic functions and conic sections, and any other mathematical queries you may have.

4 years as a drop-in and by-appointment tutor at Champlain College. Private tutor for dozens of clients over the past 8 years.

CALPHAD: Computer Coupling of Phase Diagrams and Thermochemistry

Bachelor of Science, Major Mathematics and Major Economics, McGill University, 2014. Diploma of Collegiate Studies; Pure and Applied Science, Champlain College Saint-Lambert, 2010.