Geometry/Negative Integers

Hello sir

Sir Where are these negative integers are used in day to day life .

Sir my second question is natural, whole numbers as positive intergers. Am I right right sir.Then three of them are same.

Hi Apsara,

As you learn more mathematics, you will see concepts that have no physical representation.  Negative numbers can be seen as early examples of these.  Whereas positive integers are used when counting, negative integers are not really used that way.  You can use them to count how many are missing.  Negative numbers--along with most mathematical concepts--are constructs to help you solve problems.

Natural numbers and positive integers are the same.  "Whole number" is a vague term that can also be used to mean the same.

Azeem Hussain

I welcome your questions on algebra, 2D and 3D geometry, parabolic functions and conic sections, and any other mathematical queries you may have.

4 years as a drop-in and by-appointment tutor at Champlain College. Private tutor for dozens of clients over the past 8 years.

CALPHAD: Computer Coupling of Phase Diagrams and Thermochemistry

Bachelor of Science, Major Mathematics and Major Economics, McGill University, 2014. Diploma of Collegiate Studies; Pure and Applied Science, Champlain College Saint-Lambert, 2010.