Geophysics/Mphil research topic

Question
Respected sir,
         i am doing research work on miano area my research include 2d seismic stratigraphic structural interpretation of 10 lines i have seg y data as well as more then 6 well data in LAS format i want to interpret the all steps of seismic data same like a exploration companies do. also i am interested to work on reservoir modeling and characterization this area is in lower indus basin onshore can you please suggest me research topic of my thesis?i am waiting your kind reply thanks.

Answer
Hi Fahad,

I hope all is well!

You already have sufficient data. You can perform well tie, mapping and integrate the result by performing reservoir modelling and characterization.

You will have to think out of the box to find an angle in between. Mostly, when you have a seismic data provided by an exploration company, people try to repeat the same thing that has been done on the field and write a thesis. This is not the way your supervisor would like to see and you may also not.

I will suggest that you also think of a research angle in your work such that it has a sort of innovation. Not even big but at least a minute one. A simple way of finding such thing is to write on a piece of paper - what is known in that specific case - and what is not known yet. Then dig the literature around the world for the similar cases and repeat the same. Then find a common point to work on it.

I am sorry that I cannot give you a straightforward answer otherwise, I would have been doing the research everyday! :-)

Cheers, Farrukh

Geophysics

Farrukh Qayyum