Gerbils & Hamsters/Cleaning hamster

Question
Can you please tell me if it is safe to use "critter powder" to clean my dwarf hamster with. I read online that many people suggest using chinchilla sand, but I can't find this at my local pet store. I care a lot about my hamster and I wanted to be sure that whatever I'm using is safe. Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hi Vi

Thanks for your question.

I usually use chinchilla sand, but I've googled 'critter powder' and it seems to look fine.  They advertise it as being safe for hamsters, so it should be fine to use.  Once they get the hang of bathing in this they usually love it - sometimes they don't understand what it is for initially though so don't be too surprised if they sleep in it or wee in it!

I hope you get on OK.

Regards
Sheila

Gerbils & Hamsters

Sheila Adby