Gerbils & Hamsters/Panda bear hamster?

Hi there i live in caterham surrey in the uk... I usto have a teddybear hamster which i loved but sadley she passed away and now i want to buy a panda bear hamster but dont know were i can buy one from? Within 10,20 miles from were i live, can anyone hellp?

Hi Danielle

Thanks for your question.

If you try phoning GBH Rescue they might be able to help. They are about 12 miles from you in Beckenham. They rescue hamsters and are often looking for good homes. Their number is 020 8658 5452.

Gerbils & Hamsters

Sheila Adby

Syrian hamsters are my specialty, however, I have kept Campbells,Winter Whites and gerbils in the past. I can advise on most subjects associated with hamsters, including housing, bedding, feeding, handling, new borns and catching escapees. I have had some experience of various health problems with hamsters and can offer my opinion and advice on basic health issues, however I am not a qualified vet and therefore cannot recommend drugs etc. My website is

I have been keeping hamsters and other small animals for more than 12 years. My favourites are Syrian hamsters and I foster litters and 'difficult' hamsters for a rescue centre. My job is to tame hamsters ready for re-homing, which is extremely rewarding. I also enjoy looking after new litters and raising the pups. I have co-written a book on hamsters with my local vet and have a website:

Hamsters in Sickness and in Health - Sheila Adby and Dan O'Neill ISBN186163218-5 (Capall Bann Publishing)

Educated to A Level standard in the UK.