Gerbils & Hamsters/healthy treat?

Question
I bought a container of unsalted peanuts in the shell today.   Can I feed some to my black bear hamster?

Also,

I let my hamster run in my bathroom.   She sometimes likes to romp through the chinchilla dust bath, but lately,  I allow her to run on my balcony.   She found out that it it much more fun to burrow into a planter full of dirt that play with the dust.

Answer
Hi Jinene

Thanks for your question.

Hamsters love peanuts in their shell. These are fine to give them - providing they aren't salted.

With regard to burrowing in soil - this should be ok providing there aren't any chemicals in it. The problem with soil is that it is dirty so she might still need to burrow in chinchilla dust to get clean.  Please make sure that if she is on the balcony she is safe as hamsters do love climbing and escaping.

Regards
Sheila

Gerbils & Hamsters

Sheila Adby