Gerbils & Hamsters/roboroski

Question
i had 2 roboroski hamsters in the same cage one died the other one is acting strang what shall i do

Answer
Hi Kornelia

I'm sorry to hear that one of your robos died.   Hamsters can pine for one another if they have been used to living in a group.  However, it would be almost impossible to reintroduce your hamster to another one as they are likely to fight and ultimately end up needing to be separated.

The main thing is to make a real fuss of your hamster - have you thoroughly cleaned the cage and any toys/tubes etc. that are in there so that the other hamster's scent isn't easy to smell any more?

When you say your hamster is acting strange - in what particular way?  Do you think this is more than pining? How old is the remaining hamster? Why did your other hamster die?

Regards
Sheila

Gerbils & Hamsters

Sheila Adby