Gerbils & Hamsters/Breeding my Hybrid Campbell/Winter White Dwarf Hamster

Hello! Captain Jack Sparrow is a hybrid hamster and I want to breed him with a female from the same litter he was born in. . .they have not grown up together but my friend and I really want to make this work. From the research I've done I know it is dangerous to breed a Hybrid but I was hoping an experts opinion would change that. . .Can I have mini Jack Sparrow's or no?

Thank you for listening!

It is not a good idea reproducing young from related stock as you will end up with deformities and possible death of the litter and also the breeding female.
I really do suggest you do proper research into hamster breeding if you are serious about breeding hamsters. You must also have homes for these hamsters to go to if you cannot house the pups yourself. You may be talking up to 8 pups average per litter for a Syrian size hamster.
Speak to a club breeder, read plenty of expert books on breeding and internet sites on breeding.

Gerbils & Hamsters

K L Gardner

I have hands on experience in caring for Rabbits and Rodents for over 20 years, as well as pet store supervisory experience including overlooking the treatment of sick or injured animals. Rabbits and Guinea Pigs and Rodents are my speciality. I have kept everything from Dwarf breeds to Continental Giant Rabbits and various varieties of Guinea Pig and other rodents including Rats, Gerbils, Mice, Degu, Chinchilla, Dwarf Hamster, Syrian Hamster. I can give advice on husbandry, breeding, housing, diet, retail law, general buying your pet and what to look out for and health problems. I can also advise on bonding Rabbits and Guinea Pigs and other rodents. I do advise that if your pet has an ailment that your priority is veterinary help but i will answer questions where i can on pets undergoing treatment by a vet where a diagnoses has been issued. Ailments do need inspection by a trained vet to diagnose any health problems

I am certified in: Animal nutrition and pet care/store management level 3. This includes animal husbandry, hygiene, retail and animal welfare law, lagomorphs (Rabbits), Rodents (Cavies/Guinea Pigs Rats and mice and the alike), Reptiles and Aquatics. I have also attended a Reptile keeping course. I am also certified in general retail and retail law. I am at present writing books on both Rabbits and Guinea pigs I have Rabbit and Guinea pig keeping and rescuing experience

7 GCSE's Further educated in office computer studies,retail and pet care Educated to store management level in pet care Educated in reptile care Educated in pet nutrition

Certificates in Office studies-CLAIT and IBT2 Retail NVQ2 Pet care/Store Management certificates including retail law and pet acts LEVEL 3 Pet nutrition including exotic pets, cats and dogs Reptile husbandry

see my website