Gerbils & Hamsters/White disharge from my gerbil's penis

Question
Picture of the discharge
Picture of the dischar  
Hi and thank you very much for reading my question. My gerbil had this white/clear discharge from his penis. I know it most likely is semen, but I'm asking just to be sure. He gets lots of exercise and has a controlled diet. So I'm asking if this is normal or if its something I should be concerned about.

Answer
Hi Karrie

Thanks for your question.

You are probably correct about this. If it were pus and therefore indicating some form of infection it would smell, be more of a yellow colour and there may well be other signs that something was wrong - i.e a lump of some sort of a behavioural change. I'm afraid I can't see from the picture but if you are worried it would be worth getting someone to have a look - either a vet or if you have a helpful/knowledgable pet shop they might help.

I would be tempted just to monitor him to check there are no underlying symptoms.

I hope this helps you.

Regards
Sheila  

Gerbils & Hamsters

Sheila Adby