German Language/English Translation

Hello Janina:

Can you translate the following into English?

Deutsche Forschungsanstalt fuer Segelflug DFS 228 Hoehenaufklaerer

I have an interest in WW II German aircraft.

I thank you for your reply.

Hello Kenneth,

thanks you for your question.

The English translation is:
German Research Institute for Sailplane Flight DFS 228 High-altitude Reconnaissance Aircraft

DFS is the abbreviation for "Deutsche Forschungsanstalt für Segelflug".

Hope this helps

Kind regards

German Language

As a native German speaker working professionally with languages, I can answer questions concerning German grammar, spelling and punctuation. I can also help with understanding and short German-English translations. As I also speak French, I might also be helpful concerning German-French translations. Translation only refers to short texts here.

I am a German native speaker working as a translator for English and French. I am concerned with language issues as grammar and spelling on a daily basis. I am very interested in these kind of topics, as any good translator should be. I also have a very good insight in the differences between English and German (and also French), so I might be able to give helpful explanations why specific things are the way they are in a specific language.

I am a member of the German Translator Association BDÜ.

My translations are published in form of manuals, company and product presentations, and websites, but you won't find my name there, as translators of technical texts are only rarely featured.

I studied translation at the University of Applied Sciences in Cologne (FH Köln), and have been working as a freelance translator for five years now.

I haven't received any awards, but receiving awards is really quite rare for translators.

Mostly translation agencies in many different countries.