German Language/pier - text

Question
hello. can you translate the following 1886 (year)text into English. It is about an old stone pier, it is enlarged by steel part. specially i am not sure if the nicht in the text belongs to the Steinpfeilern or the  Versandung ( = silting ), or both.
the text:
Diese Brücke hat den Vorteil, daß hier nicht wie bei den Steinpfeilern eine Versandung stattfinden kann, da selbst bei hoher Brandung die Wellen sich rasch durchpeitschen . many thanks

Answer
Hello

"The bridge does have the advantage that there is no possible silting as there would be around (in front of) stone pillars (arches) because the waves force quickly through (are crossing impetuously and quickly the bridge) on the other side of the bridge  even in the case of strong wave action (high breakers)."

Greetings,

K.

German Language

Kurt Bamert