German Language/English Translation

I think the following is in German.  Can you translate it to English?

Hello Kenneth,

thank you for your question.

Hansa-Brandenburg is the name of a former German aircraft manufacturing company that ceased operations in 1919.
You can find some information about them here:

However, it is not possible to further translate this name. It is a combination of two words. The company was a merger of two aircraft manufacturers. One was "Hansa" from Hamburg, and the name was probably picked as Hamburg is an old hanseatic city (you can find more information about what this means here:
The other company that was part of the merger was "Brandenburgische Flugzeugwerke" which means "Brandenburg aircraft manufacturer". This company was founded in the city Brandenburg at the river Havel.
This is how the name was set together.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

German Language

As a native German speaker working professionally with languages, I can answer questions concerning German grammar, spelling and punctuation. I can also help with understanding and short German-English translations. As I also speak French, I might also be helpful concerning German-French translations. Translation only refers to short texts here.

I am a German native speaker working as a translator for English and French. I am concerned with language issues as grammar and spelling on a daily basis. I am very interested in these kind of topics, as any good translator should be. I also have a very good insight in the differences between English and German (and also French), so I might be able to give helpful explanations why specific things are the way they are in a specific language.

I am a member of the German Translator Association BDÜ.

My translations are published in form of manuals, company and product presentations, and websites, but you won't find my name there, as translators of technical texts are only rarely featured.

I studied translation at the University of Applied Sciences in Cologne (FH Köln), and have been working as a freelance translator for five years now.

I haven't received any awards, but receiving awards is really quite rare for translators.

Mostly translation agencies in many different countries.