German Language/Translate Into English

Can you translate the following into English?  The word may not be spelled correctly.

I saw this word on a model kit book of a experimental jet of W.W. II.

I thank you for your reply.

ANSWER: Hello Kenneth,

thank you for your question.

Überschallflugzeug is supersonic aircraft in English.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

I want to thank you for your reply and translation.  I have one more related to my first request.  What does "Beutflugzeug" translate to as in DFS 346 Beutflugzeug"?  DFS 346 is the name of an experimental aircraft.

I thank you for your follow-up reply.

Hello Kenneth,

thank you for your follow-up. It's good to hear that my answer was helpful to you.

I needed to do a bit of research, but now I found out that Beutflugzeug (which may also be spelled Beuteflugzeug) is probably a looted plane, i.e. a plane that was captured by the other side during a war.
I hope this makes sense and is helpful.

Kind regards

German Language

As a native German speaker working professionally with languages, I can answer questions concerning German grammar, spelling and punctuation. I can also help with understanding and short German-English translations. As I also speak French, I might also be helpful concerning German-French translations. Translation only refers to short texts here.

I am a German native speaker working as a translator for English and French. I am concerned with language issues as grammar and spelling on a daily basis. I am very interested in these kind of topics, as any good translator should be. I also have a very good insight in the differences between English and German (and also French), so I might be able to give helpful explanations why specific things are the way they are in a specific language.

I am a member of the German Translator Association BDÜ.

My translations are published in form of manuals, company and product presentations, and websites, but you won't find my name there, as translators of technical texts are only rarely featured.

I studied translation at the University of Applied Sciences in Cologne (FH Köln), and have been working as a freelance translator for five years now.

I haven't received any awards, but receiving awards is really quite rare for translators.

Mostly translation agencies in many different countries.