German Language/Translation

Question
Es hat mich fruher aufgeregt went etwas mal nicht klappte.  Das hat sich Gott sei Dank gelegt bevor ich
Uberschnappte.   I have a dish from Germany with this saying on it.  I would like the translation.  My mother
in law was born in Germany and I have many of her treasures.  Thank you very much for your help.
Sincerely, Geri

Answer
Hello Geri.

Thanks a lot for your question and for using AllExperts.

Your dish shows a funny little saying that rhymes and that is about when things just don't work out.

It says:
"It used to upset me when something didn't work out.
Thank God this feeling settled before I went crazy."

It actually just means "Stay cool. If you get upset whenever something goes wrong, you'll just go crazy in the end."

Hope this helps

Janina

German Language

Janina