German Language/Translation

Question
Hello:

Sometime ago, I ask for the translation of the following:

Arado Flugzeugwerke GmbH

You gave the following reply:

----------------
The translation of the name is:

Arado aircraft factory Ltd.

Arado is not a German word, so I can't translate it. It's just the name the owners picked for the company.

Ltd. is the closest thing to a German GmbH, there are some different regulations for this form of company. If you need further information about German GmbH, look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gesellschaft_mit_beschr%C3%A4nkter_Haftung (the page is in English)

If you need further information about the company, look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arado_Flugzeugwerke (also in English)

-----------------

Do you think the word "Arado" is a proper name, someone's last name, perhaps?  

I thank you for your reply.

Answer
Hello Kenneth,

thanks a lot for your follow up question.

Looking into the history of the company I couldn't find anyone called Arado, nor any given reason for why this name was picked. It seems to be a Spanish word (also a family name) meaning plow. But I am afraid I have no idea if there's any connection between this and the decision for picking it as the company's name.

I am very sorry for not having further information about this.

Kind regards
Janina

German Language

Janina