German Language/strange sentence

Could you please explain the meaning of this sentence: "jedes Spiel hört einmal auf"
Could you also please explain how einfach is used in this sentence: "Ja, Ich Bin Einfach, So Wie Du, Unterwegs"

Hi Anders,

thanks a lot for your question.

The first phrase translates into English as "every game ends at some point".
The second phrase translates as "Yes, like you, I am just on my way". I changed the word order a bit here to make it easier to understand. In this context, "einfach" translates as "just".

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

German Language

As a native German speaker working professionally with languages, I can answer questions concerning German grammar, spelling and punctuation. I can also help with understanding and short German-English translations. As I also speak French, I might also be helpful concerning German-French translations. Translation only refers to short texts here.

I am a German native speaker working as a translator for English and French. I am concerned with language issues as grammar and spelling on a daily basis. I am very interested in these kind of topics, as any good translator should be. I also have a very good insight in the differences between English and German (and also French), so I might be able to give helpful explanations why specific things are the way they are in a specific language.

I am a member of the German Translator Association BDÜ.

My translations are published in form of manuals, company and product presentations, and websites, but you won't find my name there, as translators of technical texts are only rarely featured.

I studied translation at the University of Applied Sciences in Cologne (FH Köln), and have been working as a freelance translator for five years now.

I haven't received any awards, but receiving awards is really quite rare for translators.

Mostly translation agencies in many different countries.