German Law/certificate of no impediment

Question
halo
my fiancée and I would like to marry here in Kenya
however we are told he needs a certificate of no impediment.
do you know how long it takes to get this certificate in Germany? he is German ....I have sent him all the necessary documents from me..please advise

Answer
Dear Aliwa,
You have to contact the German Embassy in Kenya to find out how to obtain a Ehefaehigkeitsbescheinigung. Normally the Standesamt in your fiancee's hometown is responsible to provide the forms etc. Unfortunately I have no experience how long it takes to obtain the certificate. My husband is American and we married in Germany but he obtained the certificate of no impediment in the US.
Sincerely,
Carolin Burgess  

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess