German Law/certificate of no impediment

my fiancée and I would like to marry here in Kenya
however we are told he needs a certificate of no impediment.
do you know how long it takes to get this certificate in Germany? he is German ....I have sent him all the necessary documents from me..please advise

Dear Aliwa,
You have to contact the German Embassy in Kenya to find out how to obtain a Ehefaehigkeitsbescheinigung. Normally the Standesamt in your fiancee's hometown is responsible to provide the forms etc. Unfortunately I have no experience how long it takes to obtain the certificate. My husband is American and we married in Germany but he obtained the certificate of no impediment in the US.
Carolin Burgess  

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess

German legal issues on inheritance, divorce, alimony, child custody and support, last wills and testaments, and other problems involving international family and civil law.

I am a certified German laywer with professional experience in both German and American law firms. Since 2001 I have been working independently at my firm, German Legal Services. I have represented hundreds of clients on matters involving US-German legal issues. One of my firm's areas of specialization is in divorce and child support and custody issues between members of the U.S. Armed Forces and German civilians.

World Affairs Council, German Bar Association

North Carolina Bar Association Newsletter

I received my undergraduate and JD degrees both from the University of Wuerzburg, Germany, whose law school is consistently ranked in the top 10 in Germany.