German Law/German Pension

Question
Hi-

I've been asked to find out if my mother (who recently passed this year) has any money in a German pension from her early working years. How would I find this out? She has lived in the United States for the last 48 years and still kept her German status and never quite became a US Citizen.I don't have any type of social security type number for her in Germany although possible to get it from her three brothers who are still there currently.

Thanks,
Tom

Answer
Dear Tom,

You need to contact the Bundesversicherungsanstalt in a German letter and ask them if your mother has any claims and you have to ask them to send you forms to fill out to claim the pension. You can contact me at csb@germanlegalservices.com, I have handled cases like this successfully in the past.

Sincerely,
Carolin Burgess  

German Law

Carolin Schulz-Burgess