German Law/immigration law - child of African refugees

Hello,am any african refugee in germany and had  baby for any african that has resident permit and has been living in germany forbout 9yrs.Months after i had my baby,he was told to leave germany due to some problems he had some years ago.he never wanted my baby but he signed t'he fathershaft but has not been paying child question is what happens to my baby,will he have resident permit or will mybaby and myself be asked to leave so confused although i have not gotten any letter from t'he authourities yetwhat are my babys chances of living in germany.

Hello Silvia,

I will need a bit more information about both of your exact legal statuses: your countries of citizenship, the exact history of when both of you obtained and lost which status, where te father left to, what stage your case it at and so on.

But potentially, your child could even have German citizenship. If the father had been a legal resident of Germany for at least 8 years and had permanent residence status, your child would have received German citizenship by having been born in Germany ( 4 III StAG).

Andreas Moser

German Law

Andreas Moser

Extensive experience in international family law, especially international child abductions and child custody cases. All other areas of German law as well: constitutional law, criminal law, business and contract law, immigration law, inheritance law, and so on.

Lawyer in Germany from 2002 to 2009. Lawyer for US Army JAG Corps before. Bar-certified specialisation in family law and in administrative law. Articles and lectures about international and domestic family law.

2000 Law Degree from University of Regensburg, Germany 2002 admitted to the bar (until 2009) 2013 MA Philosophy at the Open University, UK