German Law/immigration law - child of African refugees

Question
Hello,am any african refugee in germany and had  baby for any african that has resident permit and has been living in germany forbout 9yrs.Months after i had my baby,he was told to leave germany due to some problems he had some years ago.he never wanted my baby but he signed t'he fathershaft but has not been paying child support.my question is what happens to my baby,will he have resident permit or will mybaby and myself be asked to leave germany.am so confused although i have not gotten any letter from t'he authourities yetwhat are my babys chances of living in germany.

Answer
Hello Silvia,

I will need a bit more information about both of your exact legal statuses: your countries of citizenship, the exact history of when both of you obtained and lost which status, where te father left to, what stage your case it at and so on.

But potentially, your child could even have German citizenship. If the father had been a legal resident of Germany for at least 8 years and had permanent residence status, your child would have received German citizenship by having been born in Germany ( 4 III StAG).

Andreas Moser
www.moser-law.com
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser