German Law/living in germany on militry orders

Question
Me my husband and my daughter are living in Germany on military orders for the next 2 years. I am the only parent on the birth certificate so therefore i only needed my signature. My daughters biological father has nothing to do with her nd has seen her maybe two times since she was born and she is almost 3. He also has seen2 felonies so before we moved here to8 months ago a lawyer told me that after6  months anything court ordered from him , he would have to come here because after 6 months this is my home's record .. is this true

Answer
Hello Ashley,

yes, after about half a year of living in Germany and having settled in, you and your daughter will have established habitual residence in Germany which means that Germany will have jurisdiction for all child-related matters for the duration of your stay.

Enjoy Germany!

Andreas Moser
www.moser-law.com
www.andreasmoser.wordpress.com

German Law

Andreas Moser