German Law/pension benefits

Question
Can my mother claim her pension benefits if she live her in Philippines. She is already a German citizen.her husband died long time ago and now she is receiving pension from her husband.death. She will be turning 65 this December. Currently she is living with an old guy in gorxhiemertala guy is more than 80 does she also received payment from the geman govt. Of taking care.of that man.

Answer
I would like to advise that your mother contacts the local office of the Deutsche Rentenversicherungsanstalt. In general, German nationals are entitled to 100 % of the pensions which arose of the contributions paid into the scheme while the person eligible for a pension was in Germany. The entitlement does not cover the payment of rehabilitation measures, the partial payment of the contributions into the health insurance scheme for pensioners, as well as vocational disability pensions granted on the grounds of a disadvantegous situation on the job market (Berufsunfähigkeitsrente) or pensions granted on the grounds of a reduced earning capacity (Erwerbsminderungsrente).  

German Law

Henning Haarhaus